April 23, 2012

Vacation










Our family trip to FL this year was exceptional. These photos show some of the highlights:

Girls' Day at Disney: Addie and I waited in line for a solid hour to see Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty. I couldn't believe how patient Addie was (we need to do some DNA testing on this child). When we finally got around the corner and saw the three beauties, she said to me, "Mom, my eyes are a little bit wet." SO sweet! Were they tears of joy from seeing three women whom she admires so much or because the waiting was over? My guess is a little bit of both. 
Because waiting in line was our new normal, we decided it would be best to wait in a new line to see the fairies: Rosetta and Tinkerbell. These fairies were lovely (although not made to scale). I'm not quite sure who does Tinkerbell's hair, but she may need to divorce her current stylist. It's this odd combo of a boy's cut with a bun on the top? 

We went on a total of three rides: the teacups (one of my personal favorites), The Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Race Trac. After the Race Trac ride, we decided we had had enough. It was hot, and we were both tired. The day wouldn't have been complete, however, without a trip to the store. Because we got a discounted ticket, I told Addie she could pick something out. She picked a Mini Mouse suitcase on wheels. 

Ilinke: I hadn't seen Ilinke in over a year, so we were all excited to have her visit us for the night! Addie found a new best friend and played hair salon with her for nowhere under an hour. I guess when your mom and dad both have the same hair cut, you get giddy to find a girl with nice long hair, a lot of patience, and a good sense of humor.

Sea World: On our last full day, we went to Sea World. It was tons of fun. The weather was picture perfect, and the roller coasters were fantastic (my dad and I went on them). The highlight was when we all went on Atlantis (the water ride) and got soaked! Or was it the cotton candy? 

This will be a hard trip to beat, but I'm thinking it's Hawaii in 2013, so that ought to do it. 

No comments: